These are easy wraps for on-the-go eating. We ate them as our poopy car treats at the farm. As it turns out, Davis does not like cranberries so next time I’m going to try substituting the cranberries for fresh pears or maybe apples. Dried cherries might be good, too.
Cranberry Chicken Wraps
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (can also use balsamic vinegar instead)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large whole-wheat tortilla wraps
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 large chicken breast, baked and sliced (or use 8 ounces deli meat)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
Bake chicken breast at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes till very tender; cool. (Or use deli meat). Meanwhile,place cranberries in a small saucepan. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, brown sugar, and water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool. Spread the two tortillas with the cream cheese and sprinkle on the walnuts. Spread the cranberry mixture over the cream cheese and nuts. Add chicken and spinach. Roll tightly and close with a toothpick or you can place them in plastic wrap and put them in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Cut each wrap in half for 4 servings.